Procedure for re-verification of mobile connections in respect of Subscribers of foreign Nationality/Non Resident Indians (NRIs), who are eligible for Aadhaar cardJanuary 05, 2018
Procedure for re-verification of mobile connections in respect of Subscribers of foreign Nationality/Non Resident Indians (NRIs), who are eligible for Aadhaar card .
The department of telecommunication in view of the problems faced by the Overseas Indian in operating their mobile connections in India, for instance linking Aadhaar number with the mobile connections, has recently issued guidelines which provide alternative methods to verify customers belonging to following categories: foreigners including those who are OCI/PIO card holders and NRI’s.
For these categories the verification can be done by providing scanned copies of Passport and VISA/OCI card.
The procedure involved is mentioned below :
- Visit to the telephone service provider’s outlet or TSP’s representative visits the subscriber.
- TSP’s agent authenticates itself through Aadhar based Electronic Know your customer (E-KYC) process.
- Subscriber gets a TSP initiated Authentication Code through SMS on his/her mobile to verify that mobile is physically available with the subscriber.
- After that, TSP’s agent perform the following action :
- Validates Authentication code.
- Post authentication. Fills in all relevant information in the Electronic Customer Application form (e-CAF).
- Attach the scanned copies of Passport and Visa/OCI Card(relevant pages).
- Captures ‘live’ photo of the subscriber.
- After successful submission of CAF with details, another verification code is sent to subscriber by TSP and the subscriber shares verification code along with the declaration that:
- The information provided by me is correct.
- This OPT authentication can be treated as my signature.
- I am existing user of mobile number ………………… and the SIM card of this mobile number is under my possession.
- After validation of the verification code. TSP’s agent again authenticates itself along with declaration that ‘’ I hereby confirm having seen the subscriber and the details provided by subscriber have been entered in the CAF by me. I have captured the photograph of the subscriber’’.
- The e-CAF format is attached as Annexure – I
Kindly see the attached pdf for more detailed information. CLICK HERE
Latest Notice and Alerts
- April 05, 2018: Visit of Prime Minister to Sweden and United Kingdom (April 16-20, 2018)
- March 07, 2018: National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG), 2018 - Admission Notice
- January 24, 2018: Important information for valid PIO card holders
- January 18, 2018: Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF)