Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF)February 06, 2015
INDIAN COMMUNITY WELFARE FUND (ICWF)
The Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF) is aimed at providing welfare services on a means tested basis in the most deserving cases including:
(i) Boarding and lodging for distressed overseas Indian workers in Household / domestic sectors and unskilled laborers;
(ii) Extending emergency medical care to the overseas Indians, who are not covered by free National Health Service and have any other means;
(iii) Providing air passage to stranded overseas Indians,
(iv) Providing initial legal assistance to the overseas Indians,
(v) Expenditure on incidentals and for airlifting the mortal remains to India or local cremation/burial of the deceased overseas Indian in such cases where a sponsor is unable or unwilling to do so as per the contract and the family is unable to meet the cost.
2. Overseas Indian workers duped by unscrupulous intermediaries in the host countries, runaway house maids, those who become victim of accidents, deserted spouses of overseas Indians or undocumented overseas Indian workers in need of emergency assistance or any other overseas Indian citizens who are in distress would be the main beneficiaries of the Fund.
Latest Notice and Alerts
- April 12, 2017: PRESS RELEASE Mandatory Quoting of Aadhaar For PAN Applications & Filing Return of Income not applicable for NRI's
- September 30, 2016: Inauguration of ''Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra'' by Prime Minister on October 2nd
- September 27, 2016: IMPORTANT ADVISORY ON e-Tourist VISAs
- September 21, 2016: 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas