Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF)January 18, 2018
INDIAN COMMUNITY WELFARE FUND (ICWF)
The mission has Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF) which is aimed at providing welfare services on a means tested basis in the most deserving cases including:
- Boarding and lodging for distressed overseas Indian nationals abroad.
- Extending emergency medical care to the overseas Indians, in case of serious life threatening injuries and who are not covered by National Health service/Insurance and have no other means.
- Providing one way air passage to the stranded overseas Indians.
- Providing Initial legal assistance to the overseas Indians including women Deserted/cheated/abused by their spouses (up to 7 years of marriage).
- Expenditure on incidentals and for airlifting the mortal remains to India or local cremations/burial of the deceased Indian nationals, in cases where a sponsor is unable or unwilling to do so as per the contract and the family is unable to meet the cost.
- Payment of small fines and penalties in respect of Indian nationals for minor offences/crimes
Latest Notice and Alerts
- July 03, 2018: National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG), 2018 - Admission Notice
- January 24, 2018: Important information for valid PIO card holders
- January 05, 2018: Procedure for re-verification of mobile connections in respect of Subscribers of foreign Nationality/Non Resident Indians (NRIs), who are eligible for Aadhaar card
- December 05, 2017: Information regarding Aadhar Card as an Identity Document for NRI'S/PIO'S & OCI's